This is an old favourite of mine, my mum would not always make it but when she did, i’d get in from school and smell the chocolaty coconut delight as soon as the door opened. These tasty treats are high up there in my favourite recipes of all time. I often make these as little delicious gifts for my friends. Cheap and easy but cute and tasty!
- 200g Stork (you can use butter, but Stork gives it that authentic taste)
- 140g golden caster sugar (it’s way better than standard caster sugar)
- 85g desiccated coconut
- 75g cornflakes (crushed up)
- 1 heaped tbsp good cocoa powder (i use bourneville)
- 140g self raising flour
- 250g of milk chocolate
- Mini marshmallows
- White chocolate chunks
- Cute ribbon of your choice
- Melt the Stork in the microwave
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour in the Stork and mix until well combined
- Pour into a baking tin (i only had a big one so i had to fill half of it, but its a strong mixture so it should stay
- Squash it down with the back of a spoon – make sure you push it into all the corners!
- Bake at 180c/gas 4 for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- When cool, melt the chocolate in a glass bowl/dish over a saucepan of water or just microwave it; pour over the Crunch. Level off with a spatula or leave the swirls like i do
- Place back in microwave to set it all finally for at least 30 minutes before cutting
- Cut it into whatever size slabs you desire, for the gift bag idea its best to go bite size
- Place in the bags and tie up with a cute ribbon and there you have it!
If you do try it out please tell me how it went in the comments below, I’d love to hear all of your opinions and if you have your own variations! whats your all time favourite dessert?